To set up your SteelSeries Engine supported USB device, please take the following steps:
1) Plug your device into a rear USB 3.0 or 2.0 port. Using the rear ports directly on your motherboard instead of any HUB ports or external hubs will ensure your drivers load correctly, and that the device receives adequate power. If you are on a laptop and notice that your device powers on and off intermittently, change to a port on another side of the laptop.
If your product came with a USB wireless transmitter or wireless dongle, please connect the wireless transmitter to your device. Engine will be able to configure your device wirelessly.
2) Make sure you have the latest version of SteelSeries GG installed. If you have the standalone Engine software, is it recommended to upgrade to SteelSeries GG, as the standalone Engine is no longer supported. Engine is now included in the GG software. For more information, please check out https://steelseries.com/gg
Using a Mac device? You may need to enable additional settings. More information can be found here: (Mac) Engine is not detecting my device
3) Make sure that your USB devices are set to be powered up at all times and that any power saving features are turned off. These settings should be disabled by default on desktops, but may be enabled if you are using a laptop.
4) Open the SteelSeries Engine window and notice if any firmware updates are available via notices on each product banner. Install any firmware updates that may be available for your product in SteelSeries Engine and follow the instructions on screen. It is extremely important to ensure that you do not power down your computer, or unplug the device during the firmware update, unless specifically prompted to do so.
5) Click the product banner to access settings and options for your device, and customize to your preference.
Other helpful Articles:
- Is your product detected, but changing settings not applying? More information can be found at: Issues on Headsets with DTS Support