To set up your SteelSeries Engine 3 supported USB device, please take the following steps:
1) Plug your device into a rear USB 3.0 or 2.0 port. Using the rear ports directly on your motherboard instead of any HUB ports or external hubs will ensure your drivers load correctly, and that the device receives adequate power. If you are on a laptop and notice that your device powers on and off intermittently, change to a port on another side of the laptop.
2) Make sure you have the latest version of SteelSeries Engine 3 installed. If you have version 3.8.4 or later, in-app updates are supported so you will be prompted to update directly through the Engine, if one is available. If you have an earlier version than 3.8.4, we recommend downloading the latest version from steelseries.com/engine
3) Make sure that your USB devices are set to be powered up at all times and that any power saving features are turned off. These settings should be disabled by default on desktops, but may be enabled if you are using a laptop.
4) Open the SteelSeries Engine window and notice if any firmware updates are available via notices on each product banner. Install any firmware updates that may be available for your product in SteelSeries Engine and follow the instructions on screen. It is extremely important to ensure that you do not power down your computer, or unplug the device during the firmware update, unless specifically prompted to do so.
5) Click the product banner to access settings and options for your device, and customize to your preference.