The following message is shown in SteelSeries Engine if you have the Arctis 7 transmitter connected to the PC but the headset is not detected:
If you see this message it indicates you need to do one of three things:
- Turn on the headset by holding down the power button for 2 seconds -OR-
- Pair the headset to the transmitter. This should only be necessary if the automatic pairing function fails after a firmware update.
To pair the headset to the transmitter:
- On the transmitter hold down the pairing button for 5 seconds. The white LED will blink rapidly when it enters pairing mode.
- With the headset off, press and hold the power button for 6 seconds. You will hear two beeps.
- You will know the pairing is successful when the LED on the transmitter turns solid.
Please also ensure you plug your device into a rear USB 3.0 or 2.0 port. Using the rear ports directly on your motherboard instead of any HUB ports or external hubs will ensure your drivers load correctly, and that the device receives adequate power. If you are on a laptop and notice that your device powers on and off intermittently, change to a port on another side of the laptop.