Your Arctis Pro + GameDAC does work with Xbox one! The issue is that Xbox does not support standard USB audio, so getting chat to work requires a different setup. Here’s how to do it:
- Connect the optical audio cable from the Xbox’s S/PDIF jack to the GameDAC. This supplies your game audio (including surround sound).
- In your Xbox go to Settings -> Display and sound -> Audio Output
- Set the Optical audio to ‘Bitstream out’, and the Bitstream format to ‘Dolby Digital’
- Connect the USB audio cable from the GameDAC to the Xbox or to a nearby PC if you would like to use that for chat (see below)
- Set the GameDAC to its PS4 input (Input -> PS4)
- For chat you can use the Xbox app from a variety of sources:
- iOS: https://t.co/4jXxF2CQs2
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.xboxone.smartglass.beta
- Windows: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/xbox/9wzdncrfjbd8?rtc=1
- If you connected the USB audio cable to your PC in step 4 then that will supply your chat audio.
- If you are using a mobile device for chat, connect a 3.5mm 4-pole cable from your device to the ‘Mobile’ input of the GameDAC.
Your chat will be mixed with the game audio, and your mic will transmit via the Xbox app to your teammates.