While the USB-C dongle comes paired to the headset out of the box, the need my arise to pair the headset to a new dongle. The pairing process can be completed through SteelSeries Engine.
Do you need a new transmitter? Be sure to check out the article Which wireless transmitter will work with my headset?
In order to pair the two devices together, you will need the following:
- A PC with SteelSeries Engine installed. (https://steelseries.com/engine)
- The USB-C Dongle. If your computer does not have a USB-C port, you will also need the USB-A to USB-C adapter cable.
- The charging cable for the headset.
Once all items are ready, please follow the steps below:
- Install SteelSeries GG/Engine, if not already done so.
- Connect both the USB-C dongle, and the headset unit, to the computer via USB. It is recommended to connect the items directly to the computer, and to not use any external hubs.
- In Engine, go to the orange gear icon near you device, and click "Pair Device"
- A new window will open to start the pairing process. If Engine is informing you that a device is not connected, please try unplugging and replugging the device, try plugging the device into a different USB port, or try a different USB charging cable.
- Once all devices are connected, click "Start Pairing" to pair the devices together.
Once paired, you should be free to unplug both devices.