DTS Headphone:X technology takes a game’s audio from objects or multichannel streams and re-creates them so it no longer is simply basic stereo, but a world of immersive 3D audio all around you. For more information on DTS:X, check out our blog post here.
The following Arctis models come with DTS:X provided through SteelSeries Engine:
- Arctis 5
- Arctis 7
- Arctis 9 (Windows only)
- Arctis Pro
- Arctis Pro + GameDAC
- Arctis Pro Wireless
To access DTS:X on these headsets, you must enable it from within SteelSeries Engine. Please make sure to follow any prompts for "Additional Software" for access to DTS:X.
Are there other Surround Sound options?
Yes! Depending on what system you are playing on, you may already have access to other surround sound options!
- Windows 10 and Xbox users have access to Windows Sonic spatial sound options. Any headset that works on these systems can access Windows Sonic.
- To enable on Windows 10, right click the audio icon in the taskbar, and go to Spatial Sound > Windows Sonic
- To enable on Xbox, go to Settings > All settings > Display & sound > Audio output > Headset format
- Playstation 5 users have access to Tempest 3D Spatial Audio. Any headset that works on these systems can access Tempest 3D
- Tempest 3D is on by default, but you can check the option at Settings > Sound > Audio Output > Enable 3D Audio