Some SteelSeries gaming products can connect to your gaming PC via bluetooth.
Currently the only bluetooth enabled product that is supported by SteelSeries Engine 3, is the Stratus XL for Windows and Android. *Please note that SteelSeries Engine 3 support for this product is on Windows 7+ only.
To get setup with your Stratus XL for Windows and Android, please follow the provided steps:
- Place the AA batteries inside battery compartment located of the underside of the controller.
- Turn on the controller (the on/off toggle is located on the underside of the controller, right below the battery compartment).
- You will notice all 4 lights on the top of the controller will start blinking. If this is your first time connecting your controller to a gaming device, it will start in pairing mode.*
- Make sure your Bluetooth is turned on on your gaming desktop/laptop.
- In Windows, go to Add a Device.
- SteelSeries Stratus Xl should show up in your device list
- Click to pair your device
- It may take a few minutes to pair the device. Once paired, the device will show up in the devices list and in device manager. However, it is currently paired as a standard HID controller at this time.
- Power cycle the device one time (power off and power on). Once the device repairs (and every time here after) your controller is now emulated as a X-Input (Xbox style) controller - ready to use with thousands of Steam games! Happy Gaming!*
- If you use your Stratus XL for Windows and Android on multiple devices and need to repair or wipe your bluetooth pairing information, simply press the pairing button on the top of the controller for 5 seconds. A special lighting effect will indicate when the controller is ready to pair (player indicator 1 and 3 will light up, followed by player indicator 2 and 4).
- To check if your Stratus XL for Windows and Android is operating as an Xbox controller, go to device manager and look for Xbox Compatible devices.
Additional Bluetooth enabled gaming products:
Though the following products are bluetooth enabled, they are not supported by SteelSeries Engine 3:
- Stratus Gaming Controller
- Stratus XL Gaming Controller for iOS
- Nimbus Gaming Controller
These products are only supported in the iOS ecosystem.