We have confirmed that updating to the latest version of SteelSeries Engine 3 resolves the issue with settings not applying to the Siberia 350. There may be an issue with Windows holding on to the old version of the driver, so we'll need to do a detailed re-installation.
Please follow these steps in careful order, as doing them out of order will result in this solution not resolving the issue.
We recommend using a program called CCleaner to complete some of these steps. You can download it for free here.
- Plug in the Siberia 350, but also temporarily unplug any other audio devices that may be plugged into your computer
- Launch CCleaner and go to the ‘Tools’ tab -> Uninstall
- Find the SteelSeries Engine and uninstall it.
- Once the uninstall is complete, navigate Device Manager in Windows
- Expand the "Audio Inputs & Output" tab (usually the one at the top)
- Right click the first entry and select properties (do NOT select uninstall, this does not completely remove the driver)
- Navigate to the driver tab and select uninstall - click through the prompts from there to uninstall
- Repeat 6 & 7 for the second entry under the Audio Inputs & Output tab
- Delete the following folders:
- C:\ProgramData\SRS Labs
- Go back into CCleaner, navigate to the ‘Registry’ tab on the left side -> scan for issues -> fix selected
- Restart your PC
- Download the latest version of SteelSeries Engine using this link.
- Once the Engine installs, it will install the latest Windows driver during installation and this should resolve the issue. If it does not, try restarting one more time with SteelSeries Engine installed.