Having issues with your mousepad RGB?
Try the troubleshooting steps below!
Try doing a clean reinstall of both SteelSeries GG and your device drivers using the following steps.
** Before proceeding as requested please ensure you have a screenshot of your custom configurations/macros as the steps listed before will be resetting your drives. Also please ensure you save any clips to your desktop as well. This can cause you to lose any custom configurations/macros as well as any clips you have.**
Before we begin, navigate to and run: C:\Program Files\SteelSeries\GG\uninst.exe
Install the latest version of the Steelseries software found here: http://steelseries.com/gg
Make sure your SteelSeries Engine is up to date. Install the latest version if you have not already. It's very important that the latest version of SteelSeries software is installed PRIOR to taking the next steps.
Next, we will need to uninstall the existing driver (if there is one) completely:
- Using the search functionality in Windows, search for "Device Manager" - click and open it
- Note: If this does not work, search for "Control Panel" and navigate to Device Manager
- Find the device in the device tree under **'human interface devices'**
- Right-click and select "Properties"
- If there are multiple entries related to the device, you will need to repeat this process.
- Click "Driver" on the top toolbar and select "Uninstall (Advanced)" at the bottom.
- Ensure the checkbox is checked and uninstall the driver.
- Unplug your device and reboot your computer.
- Once this is done, plug it into a different USB port to allow the driver to reinstall.
-Please check to see if you have any of the apps toggled On. If an app is on, it could be overriding your current configuration illumination settings.
-Ensure that the mousepad is plugged directly into your PC using a USB 3.0 or 2.0 port.